Sunday, March 25, 2012

If Chivalry Isn't Dead, It's on Life Support

I recently caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in a few months. I asked her if there was any news on the dating front. She said she went on a date about a month ago with a guy from Match.com. They grabbed a drink together and when the $12 bill came, HE ASKED HER IF SHE WANTED TO SPLIT THE BILL! I was in shock when I heard this story. For a decent first date, tip alone could be $12 and this guy asked her to split a check that totaled $12!

Where is the chivalry? Where is the effort? Where are the "proper" first dates? This was not a proper first date and I contend it wasn't even a date.

Takeaway message: Guys, if you ask someone out (especially for a first date), you are expected to pay. A few dates in, a good girl will offer to split or pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment